Many entrepreneurs and small business owners feel that if they could only work harder they could make it, but there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done.
Time can feel like the enemy, but it is also one of the great equalizers in business. Each and every one of us has the same 24 hours to make things happen. Bill Gates can’t even buy that 25th hour, it just doesn’t exist.
Let us share with you 7 tips on how to work smarter not harder!
- Inbox Zero – Clear the clutter and clean out that inbox. Emails can pile up quickly, but you must have the discipline to clear them out daily. There is money in those emails, and first responders get new business. If need be, create separate email folders for newsletters, important people, and monthly archives.
- Create To-Do Lists – We can not stress the importance of using lists. Before you go to bed, make sure you have a list of what needs to be done the next day. On this list put 3 main items that you must accomplish no matter what, and get them done. If you do this, no matter what else happens that day, it forces you to be productive.
- Learn to Say No – We teach going the extra mile for people, but do not lose sight that you are in business and a business needs to make money. If you find yourself doing more free stuff than paid stuff, take a step back and evaluate why? Create massive value for people, but don’t let them take advantage of you.
- Talk About the Money – A lot of folks clam up and get nervous when it’s time to talk about payments and fees. NEVER be afraid to ask for the money, ever! You have worked hard and gained marketable skills that people need! So get comfortable with asking for the business and clearly discuss your fee. This avoids confusion and leads to a stronger relationship with your clients.
- Avoid the Perfectionism Trap – Trying to be perfect is not productive. It is too easy to hide behind perfectionism when the real problem is a lack of self-confidence. Failure is a part of success, and there is no way around it. You don’t always have to get it right, but you do always have to get it going.
- No Distractions – How many times have you looked up at the clock and wondered where all that time went? The best way to prevent this is to avoid distraction, and we mean all distractions. If you are writing a report that will take you 2 hours to complete, chunk out the time on your schedule and be disciplined enough to turn off your cell phone, not answer emails, and shut the office door.
- Create a SideSkills Profile – There are people to meet and money to be made right here on SideSkills. Make sure to fill out your profile completely, get a photo up for your avatar, and promote yourself! It’s free!!!
Start implementing these 7 tips on how to work smarter not harder and watch your production, business, and bank accounts grow!
A new era of working is upon us, and the Sideskills community is here to help you succeed regardless of economic conditions. Remember to always pursue your passion and never give up!